In this edition our guest blogger hypnobirthing practitioner and clinical hypnotherapist Teresa Kaczmarek from Viva offers us her top five pregnancy tips.
- Only tell very close people eg the father of your due date! Everyone else can have a ‘birth month (s)’. If not, people can’t resist the temptation to keep calling you around your due date to find out if you have birthed – very stressful!
- Surround yourself with positive birth images and information – kindly ask all those with a negative birth experience to tell you after your birth. Avoid TV programmes like ‘One Born Every minute’ as even Midwives would tell you that they are a poor representation of a normal birth.
- Communicate with your baby either verbally or through your thoughts – speak in ‘child like’ language for them to understand. This is a great bonding exercise and also assists healthy development. Encourage loved ones to do the same! Your baby feels and hears you.
- Start making plans for your birth – as with any other special occasion in your life it deserves some thoughtful planning. Book yourself in to a positive birth preparation class such as hypnobirthing where you will be guided on how to put together a birth preference plan and much more.
- Take good care of yourself; paying particular attention to the foods you eat and keeping yourself well hydrated. Keep active with lots of walks in nature and joining a pregnancy yoga class or similar.
Telephone 0115 8242169 to find out more.